CHURCHES

St. Luke's Hornepayne

Street Address:

 

Postal Address:

Phone:

Clergy:

69 Fifth Ave., Hornepayne, Ontario P0M 1Z0

The Rev. Canon Phelan Scanlon, The Rev. Isabel Dube (Deacon), The Rev. Ilene Jaremy (Deacon)

Box 67, Hornepayne, Ontario P0M 1Z0

(807) 868 2308; (807) 868-2614; (807) 868-2624; (807) 868-2887; (705) 362-2089

Established in 1915 as Fitzback, when the railway was built through the area, the community’s name was changed to Hornepayne in 1920 for British financier Robert Horne-Payne. The township has a population of approximately 1,000 people and is situated in the Algoma District of Ontario, about 400km North-West of Sault Ste. Marie. 

The first service was held at St. Luke's Church on June 27,1920.  Since that time the parish has continued to provide worship services and ministry to the community of Hornepayne. The present St. Luke's consists of a small but active congregation served by a priest and several Lay Readers.  The women of the community are invited to Snack & Yak every 1st Thursday at 12 noon. "St. Luke's Ladies" facilitates several suppers, bazaars, and bake sales each year and the annual fall pie sales are legendary.

Holy Eucharist: Sundays 11:00 AM  On the first Sunday of the month.

ABOUT US

The Diocese of Moosonee straddles both northern Ontario and Northwestern Quebec 
covering some 560,000 sq kms, second to the Diocese of the Arctic in geographic size. 
It is one of the great historic missionary areas of the Anglican Communion and of early 
Canada with records dating back to 1780.

ADDRESS
  • Facebook Social Icon

DIOCESE OF MOOSONEE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE

 

2 - 113 B Third Street West, Cochrane, ON, P0L 1C0

 

Ph. 705-272-4310   Fax 705-272-4932

acc-50.png
cn-50.png
afc-50.png
pwrdf-50.png
elcic-50.png
angcomm-50.png

© 2019 The Anglican Diocese of Moosonee - Anglican Church of Canada