St. Paul's South Porcupine
58 Legion Dr., South Porcupine, Ontario P0N 1H0
The Very Rev. Valerie Isaac, Incumbent; The Rev. Karen Pitt, Deacon Assistant
Founded in 1907 for its mining, and situated along Porcupine Lake, the independent township then called Tisdale, was incorporated in 1909 into what is now locally known as “South End” or South Porcupine. With a current population near 4000 people, South Porcupine as incorporated includes the township of Schumacher and Porcupine. St. Paul’s is very active in the community. With external support, in 2004 a community garden was raised on church land. The church also holds periodic “toonie” lunches with proceeds going to disaster relief for home and abroad.
11:15 a.m. Holy Eucharist